Coffee & Reading the morning paper
- [#Trending] DC, MD and VA have been taken over by cicadas! This woman is making chocolate-covered cicadas for you to try in Baltimore, MD! Yuck or Yum?
- [#Trending New Product: Chocolate-Filled Marshmallows] The story is really fun; the founder “worked in the kitchens of two Michelin three-star restaurants,” but always “had one thing on his mind: the perfect s’more. Since he was a kid on Long Island, enjoying summer nights around a campfire, singing along to Billy Joel (as Long Island kids do), Mike always wondered why someone didn’t just put the milk chocolate inside the marshmallow.” Read the rest of the chocolate-stuffed marshmallow story, here.
- [#Science – Chocolate Bar Molds (Design/Shape of the Bar) Apparently Change How Chocolate Tastes and Feels] “When enjoying a chocolate bar, most people don’t think about how the molecules within it are organized. But different arrangements of the fats in chocolate can influence its taste and texture. Now, researchers have found that the side of a chocolate bar facing the mold has a more orderly crystalline structure than the side facing air, knowledge that might help chocolatiers produce tastier confections, the researchers say.”
- [Chocolate News] The first ruby chocolate drinking powder, and it’s 100% sustainably sourced.
- [Chocolate News] “Dr. Bronner’s, a maker of organic soap and personal care products, is introducing a new line of organic, fair trade and vegan chocolate.” Interesting. Would you try this, or does it make you think too much of cleaning? Comment below.
- [FREE Coffee on Memorial Day? Last Monday in May] “To welcome back our community of locals and commuters, we’d love to treat you to a FREE cup of coffee each Monday in May from 8am–11am!” Get more information and check out the vendors, including Swing’s, Dua and Compass Coffee! 🙂 “Just visit any of the following participating coffee shops on any Monday in May, mention the Welcome Back DC initiative, grab your Cuppa Joe & Go!”
Serene Quote for the weekend
Some chocolate dessert for memorial day weekend
- [Chocolate Recipe] To stay on the marshmallow/chocolate trend, why not make your own dessert that combines the two? 🙂 Chocolate Marshmallow Bars
- [Chocolate Bundles] Why not treat yourself to some extra special chocolate this long weekend? How about the chocoviar? International shipping is available from our go-to chocolate website.
- [Weekend Shopping] Prefer something new for your wardrobe? Visit the latest coffee shop in your favorite city sporting this uniquely stunning cork backpack, handmade in Portugal.
your Coffee shop outfit + Coffee Shop Interior
Interior design inspiration =
Have a lovely weekenD, with a time cupsoul.
Become a time cupsoul “traveler” by subscribing below and automatically receive ESPUMA in your inbox!
This post is not sponsored. This post contains a few affiliate links, which means that if you do click through and then buy something, you may help support an insatiable coffee and chocolate habit at no cost to you. 🙂 Any written opinions here are by time cupsoul/our own.