Coffee & Reading the Morning Paper
Good morning, Friday. Thank you for your patience these past few weeks as I have been on a mini hiatus. It was a very pressing time at my job… a “sprint” in the project management sphere, if you will.
To recap, in the past few weeks, I visited Richmond with two dear friends and had a blast, went on a photography jaunt on the National Mall with a DSLR and captured stunning images of a candy sunset, I was able to attend my cousin’s thoughtful and beautiful wedding in upstate NY, enjoy the National Book Festival in DC and to meet a fantasy author (MJ Kuhn)!, frolic around the Renaissance Festival in MD with friends, enjoy a fabulous sushi dinner at the best sushi restaurant in DC, +my friend stayed with me for a few days, and I’m back in-person to my office!! Phew. Grateful for a fantastic summer and early fall.
This week, I’m getting over a whopper of a cold, but resting, drinking tea, and watching Netflix has been helping. Has anyone been into the latest season of Great British Bake Off? My sister loves that show. The most recent Mexico episode — those tres leches cakes — had my mouth watering. My goodness. Where have you had the best tres leches cake in DC? How about Colada Shop? A trusted favorite.
Below, you’ll find lots of links related to autumn drinks in the District, Halloween chocolate and candy, and other local news that I dug up, just for you, time traveler. Enjoy.
If you’re able and enjoy our writing/posts, please support us with a coffee. It means a lot to us. Thank you!
Wishing you all the best. Wishing you peace. Wishing you time cupsouls.
Quote for the Weekend
Your Coffee Shop Lifestyle
We love curating images that evoke a “vibe,” and this is just a small sample of our work on Pinterest. Head over there to check out our boards 🙂 Cheers to Halloween!
Need some delicious chocolate candy…. Look no further than THIS craft chocolate website!
Some Chocolate Dessert + Reads
- 12 Virtual And IRL Things To Do Around D.C. This Weekend – We are really excited about the Georgetown Harvest Market on Saturday or Sunday 🙂
- How to treat, not trick, the planet with your Halloween candy
- Hershey says there’s no risk of a chocolate shortage for Halloween – Glad to hear!
- The Most Popular Halloween Candies in the DC Area May Surprise You – “M&Ms take the prize for the District’s favorite candy, but that’s the only chocolate option in the top three: Skittles come in second, followed by Blow Pops with a bubblegum center.” Curious about MD or VA? Click.
- Chocolate Moose Gift Shop and more, “serving weirdly sophisticated Washingtonians”, closing after 44 years – Love this unique shop that has a confectionery counter. It will be missed <3
- Coffee vs. tea smackdown – Which beverage will claim the world title for healthiest drink? – Love this cute riff on a boxing match! Who is the champion? Check it out.
- Where to Find Cozy Fall Coffee and Tea Drinks Around DC – A wonderful list.
- DC coffee shop honors Queen Elizabeth II – Map she rest in peace.
Happy weekend, coffee lovers!
Please subscribe below to receive ESPUMA and other time cupsoul posts in your inbox.
This post is not sponsored. This post contains a few affiliate links, which means that if you do click through and then buy something, you may help support an insatiable coffee and chocolate habit at no cost to you. 🙂 Any written opinions here are by time cupsoul/our own.