Espuma No. 45
ESPUMA (noun: froth)
a weekly curated collection of
coffee & chocolate themed
articles, items & thoughts.
JUST THE CAPPUCCINO FROTH. FOR YOUR WEEKEND.
If you read Espuma #44, here, you’ll know that we’ve been waiting 5 weeks for a new refrigerator! Today is the sweet day — the day that the new fridge will come. Please cross your fingers that everything installs smoothly. We cannot WAIT to have a new fridge; it’s been such a process only using the freezer for all of our meals and refilling an ice box every 12 hours to try and keep vegetables or meat… not to mention milk for coffee… for 5 long weeks. We’re so thankful for our other appliances and comforts that still run, including air conditioning during this week’s scorching temps.
Thanks again to our sister who bought us a coffee during this stressful time. If you like our writing, we’d be honored and grateful if you bought us a coffee, too. Wishing you a great weekend.
Coffee & Reading the morning paper
- [Chocolate Deal – VOSGES] Until Sunday August 15th, take 20% OFF these delicious bars & campfire s’mores with the code BAR20. Hurry and grab your favorites!
- [Chocolate Course – COCOA RUNNERS] “UK based craft chocolate retailer Cocoa Runners is launching a new virtual experience for young people and families.” Last week of August.
- [New Chocolate Product – FAMOUS AMOS] My family grew up eating Famous Amos and there are 3 new cookies coming out. #Nostalgia. Have you seen these in your local grocery store yet? Comment below if you’ve seen any in DC, MD or VA! 🙂
- [New Chocolate Product – FERRERO] “The Ferrero group is breaking new ground in entering the premium chocolate bar category with its Rocher and Raffaello brands for the first time in its long-established history […] Among the seven flavours for the Rocher bars are milk, 55% dark and white chocolate combined with hazelnuts, almonds and salted caramel flavour, while the Raffaello ones are made of white chocolate blended with coconut, almonds and pineapple.” YUM.
- [Chocolate TV Series – NETFLIX] You heard it here, first. This autumn, “School of Chocolate will see eight top pastry and chocolate professionals as they elevate their skills and careers under the tutelage of world-renowned chocolatier, Amaury Guichon.” No air date yet. We’ll keep you posted.
Quote for the weekend
your Coffee shop outfit + Coffee Shop Interior
It’s mid August and we’re so excited about back to school fashion. Dark academia and Harry Potter vibes. Do you Pinterest? We’ve already started to pin to our “autumn coffee aesthetic” board. Get inspired with autumn hues, curated here.
In the meantime, please enjoy our sustainable fashion picks that emulate the style seen in the photos, below!
- ON AIR: Check out those stunningly unique heels (above)! We discovered some eye-catching designs from this Spanish brand that would turn heads in any global coffee shop.
- Get the formal yet playful tied-shirt look via this ethically made top option.
- In the market for a beautiful new coffee mug like the ones the women have? Check these. Not just white, either!
- We can almost smell the soft pink roses through this photograph. The textures of this image are simply incredible… The crusted French bread, the soft hat and smooth black leather purse… & we’re swooning over that purple skirt. We found close color matches in this button dress, and this smooth midi skirt or this ruffled midi skirt. Romantic.
design inspiration =
Some chocolate dessert
- [Recipe] We LOVE this next blogger. We have no affiliation with her (yet :)) but honestly, love everything that she makes. She’s been coming out with recipe after recipe for coffee or chocolate lately. Check some out, below:
- Coffee and Fudge Ice Cream Cake – “Super easy, simple, yet so delicious. The filling is made with 3 layers of ice cream…chocolate, coffee, and vanilla…then layered with graham crackers and the fudgiest homemade sauce!”
- Iced Brown Sugar Latte with Shaken Espresso – “Homemade vanilla brown sugar syrup gets shaken up with triple shots of espresso and a couple dashes of cinnamon. Pour this sweet coffee over ice and add creamy oat milk.”
- Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups – “These treats are so easy to make with only 6 ingredients and zero baking, nothing not to love! Salted chocolate cups stuffed with a sweet and super creamy peanut butter filling are frozen until they’re ice cold.” Sounds like a plan.
Have a lovely weekenD, with a time cupsoul, or two.
Become a time cupsoul “traveler” by subscribing below and automatically receive ESPUMA in your inbox!
This post is not sponsored. This post contains a few affiliate links, which means that if you do click through and then buy something, you may help support an insatiable coffee and chocolate habit at no cost to you. 🙂 Any written opinions here are by time cupsoul/our own.