Quote for the weekend
Coffee & Reading the morning paper
- DC/Local News: On Wednesday, Mah-Ze-Dahr bakery opened in Navy Yard, and it serves La Colombe Coffee to complement its delicious pastries. We want to try this Oprah favorite!
- DC/Local News: This week, Georgetown welcomed Levain Bakery! This is Levain’s first location outside of NYC and we can’t wait to try their amazing-looking, gooey yet dense cookies with a cup of coffee. Here’s what you need to know about the DC location (logistics, hours, etc).
- [Breaking] DC/Local News: Emissary DC has taken over Filter DC’s old space in Dupont Circle and is serving Counter Culture Coffee and also Pergamino (Colombian coffee)! Have you stopped by yet? We went this week and the Pergamino espresso was absolutely unique to the District. A stellar cup of coffee.
- Want to get to know Pergamino?
- +Did you know beloved Dolcezza (DC gelateria and coffee shop) has a podcast? Recorded locally at THE LINE Hotel in Adams Morgan, some of the older episodes are great evergreen material that can stand the test of time. Like this episode. What do you think?
- It certainly seems like a lot of coffee shops/bakeries are opening in DC during quarantine. Be sure to review our old episodes of ESPUMA to stay in the know; we curate local (+ international!) chocolate and coffee news every Friday.
- Meanwhile, in Taiwan: Would you eat the chocolate Whopper burger?
- New “mindful chocolate” products.
- Why exactly does European chocolate taste better?
- Pinterest user? Get some Halloween decorating ideas from this mood board: autumn coffee.
- From our friends at Cacao magazine; sharing is caring. Everything you need to know about tempering chocolate.
Some chocolate dessert
- We want to perfect baking the classic olive oil cake this weekend and/or to make this festive autumn chocolate recipe. Do you have a favorite chocolate recipe to share with us?
Please subscribe below to receive Espuma and other time cupsoul posts in your inbox.
Join 425 other subscribers