Today, I was in Old Jaffa, Israel after stopping at the amazing Shoplifters: Aesthetic Chaos fashion & design shopping space, and passed by a little garden patio with tables and chairs, framed by vines and greenery. I said, “look how cute!” as I looked in on the people sipping coffee and talking. My boyfriend immediately put the car in reverse and we parked behind what we later discovered is Nelly Kitchen.
Not far from the Habima in Tel Aviv, a little cafe called Cafe Noah used to sit, and it was just perfect. Tucked away on a little back street in a fairly quiet neighborhood, Cafe Noah calmly invited patrons inside. Even if it is no longer open, its vibe requires sharing with the world. It was one of my favorite coffee shops in TLV.
There was an indoor and outdoor seating area in the cafe, both equally special. The inside was dimly-lit with natural light that warmed bookshelf-lined walls. As you sat at a tiny table, books and trinkets surrounded and inspired you. It’s rumored that this cafe was the prime spot for Israel’s budding writers and artists. I can see why: the energy was very open and creative.
Greetings from sunny Bogotá, Colombia. Time Cupsoul is pleased to report to finally be in coffee country! It’s so great to be here.
Exploring around Bogotá today, here are first day observations:
1) The city is huge – it can take 40 minutes to taxi between the city center and the Candelaria, or historic district. Candelaria is gorgeous; the architecture is stunning. It’s like a scene from a Gabriel Garcia Márquez novel
2) This is definitely a business formal town; many people wear suits
3) Mondongo and arepas are amazing. Love the food so far
4) Alpacas sit and walk in front of the parliament, on leash to attract tourists. They are precious!
5) The unofficial motto of the city is “tranquilo, todo bien” 🙂
6) Traffic is horrible everywhere in the city
7) The city features many active military
8) In looks, Bogotá reminds me of a cross between Buenos Aires and Quito
9) The graffiti is insane! I can’t wait to snap some pics and share
10) The coffee definitely lives up to its rep…More on this later!