Coffee & Reading the Morning Paper
Happy weekend coffee and chocolate lovers! We’ve been traveling in the Middle East — have you seen our Instagram?! — and cannot wait to update you all with more photos and tidbits from Tel Aviv. It was a fascinating trip. Bright, loud, alive, and delicious. Tel Aviv seems to have one of the best coffee scenes, globally. That’s a big assertion that we stick by… More coming soon!
Where are you traveling to this summer, whether walking to your local coffee shop, or trotting around the world? We would love to hear about it in the comments. Comment below, please.
Wishing you a beautiful weekend, filled with time cupsouls 🙂
Your Coffee Shop Lifestyle
We absolutely love Pinterest, and this curated board reminds us of Tel Aviv, Greece, Italy, and just the gorgeous Mediterranean overall. In summer, you can find people drinking “cold coffee” (“kafeh kar” if you’re in Israel) sitting by the beach, iced coffee slushies at the marina, cold brew while walking on the beach, and generally, summer coffee drinks are light and refreshing, many times, over ice.
We tried espresso over freshly squeezed orange juice and also iced espresso tonic in the Middle East. With the scorching heat, locals steer clear of milk, and these options are absolute perfection. What’s your favorite cold coffee recipe or pairing?
Quote for the Weekend
“Real rest feels like every cell is thanking you for taking care of you. It’s calm, not full of checklists and chores. It’s simple: not multitasking; not fixing broken things.” — Jennifer Williamson
Some Chocolate Dessert + Reads
Our friend at The Next Batch School just published “The Great Craft Baking Chocolate Experiment Results,” with comments and ratings for craft baking chocolate: click here to download! (Link grabbed from her newsletter.) It’s fun to read and super helpful if you’re thinking about baking some chocolate chip cookies or perhaps the recipes below for July 4th festivities 🙂 What’s her overall best baking chocolate?! Click to find out. A few of these surprised us.
+There are a few chocolate sales happening this weekend for July 4th, including:
- ZOTTER Chococolates – “Simply enter 18JULY4TH at checkout to receive 18% off your purchase.” Until 7/5/2023.
- BAR & COCOA – Not necessarily a holiday sale, but this website has a sale section with chocolate that needs to be eaten quickly. Not a problem!
Other reads for your long weekend:
- An easy recipe for blueberry chocolate bark!
- A recipe for July 4th chocolate balls with red, white and blue sprinkles! Click here for the full recipe.
- Maybe you prefer to buy some home items this weekend? Why not turn to Etsy for a bespoke item?
- Perhaps you are curious about this Vintage French Fish Chocolates Mould?
- How about this Tarot Card Food Safe Silicone Molds? Could be fun for your next party!
- Maybe you’ve been dreaming about a traditional chocolate whisk/frother to use in your morning cacao ritual? Last but certainly not least, don’t forget your favorite ceremonial cacao!
If you’re able and enjoy our writing/posts, please support us with a coffee. It means a lot to us and helps us visit new places for neighborhood reviews. Thank you! Wishing you all the best. Wishing you peace. Wishing you time cupsouls.
Please subscribe below to receive ESPUMA and other time cupsoul posts in your inbox.
This post is not sponsored. This post contains a few affiliate links, which means that if you do click through and then buy something, you may help support an insatiable coffee and chocolate habit at no cost to you. 🙂 Any written opinions here are by time cupsoul/our own.