Coffee & Reading the Morning Paper
HELLO MAY. How was everyone’s week? Hope you are well! This Sunday is Mother’s Day in the USA. Make sure that you grab the best deals (click here!) on chocolate and create and/or gift something to show your favorite mother figure just how special she is.
A few thoughts of the week:
- Watching: We enjoyed starting season 2 of Stanley Tucci’s Taste of Italy this week. Have you seen the show? It’s inspired numerous Italian dinner dishes here at our apartment 🙂 Commentary, cinematography, and the food are all incredible
- Reading: “It was intriguing, but I wasn’t optimistic about the chocolate from this place, a tiny outfit called Mamá Pacha. When I later tasted a bar, though, it wasn’t like tourist-town, mom-and-pop, chocolate-shop chocolate. Instead, it made me think of Paris. It made me think of Italy. It made me think of the high-end chocolate I’d eaten in those places. The people who run Mamá Pacha may have raided the garage shelf to build their production line, but they’d created world-class chocolate.
- Registering: Building Resilience in the Fine Cocoa & Chocolate Marketplace (FREE)
- Reading: Yay, DC! 2022 Michelin Guide is out, awarding four new District restaurants a star: Albi, Oyster Oyster, Reverie, and Imperfecto 🙂
- Reading: “Confection makers who want to develop products containing 100% chocolate and no sugar for health-conscious consumers can reduce bitterness and optimize flavor acceptance by roasting cocoa beans longer and at higher temperatures.”
- We tried Odyssey Chocolate this week on Instagram, and *highly* recommend 🙂 Was truly amazing. Very complex bar.
Quote for the Weekend
Your Coffee Shop Outfit
This man smelling coffee flowers (yes!!) is so lovely.
Some Chocolate Dessert
- Why not bake one of these desserts for mom over the weekend? This is our go-to food blogger and her newest cookbook was just part of our first-ever giveaway, won by Coffee Bird Jo!!! Congratulations, again! 🙂
- Double Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies from the NY Times.
Have a lovely weekend, with a time cupsoul or two, of course. Take good care.
Please subscribe below to receive ESPUMA and other time cupsoul posts in your inbox.
This post is not sponsored. This post contains a few affiliate links, which means that if you do click through and then buy something, you may help support an insatiable coffee and chocolate habit at no cost to you. 🙂 Any written opinions here are by time cupsoul/our own.