Coffee & Reading the Morning Paper
How was everyone’s week? Did you do OK “springing ahead”? 🙂 Here’s a roundup of the best DC coffee events for Friday and the weekend, some cherry blossom lattes in DC, Easter basket ideas + new Easter chocolate eggs, and pretty spring pictures. Happy almost spring. Wishing you a beautiful weekend. Enjoy!
- FRIDAY, 3/18, Counter Culture Coffee let us know that they’re hosting a walk-in hang out with free coffee and signature drinks between 11 am to 2 pm at their training center (1781 Florida Ave NW Suite F)!! Register and learn more, here.
- Cherry blossoms in DC are supposed to be peak bloom the 22nd-25th 🙂 Are you going down to the Tidal Basin this weekend? There are a bunch of amazing 🌸🌸🌸CHERRY BLOSSOM LATTES🌸🌸🌸 around the District, too, including at…
- 🌸Compass Coffee‘s Cherry Blossom Cold Brew. We tried it a few weeks ago and love it!
- 🌸Brew’d Coffee Bar has some incredibly colorful drinks right now! The Sakura Latte (pink cherry blossom vibes), Butterfly Pea/Blue Matcha Latte, and a green Matcha Latte are all available.
- 🌸Slipstream just came out with their Spring Fling Latte, “with hibiscus, honey, lavender, oat milk and chilled espresso. A floral delight.” YUM
- 🌸Grace Street Coffee has a Cherry Blossom Latte, with “pure black cherry juice and almond syrup.”
- 🌸Café Georgetown has a signature Cherry Blossom Latte! We’ve tried it and it’s lovely.
- 🌸Commonwealth Joe‘s Berry Blossom latte looks delectable. They also have a Raspberry Rose Latte this year 🙂
- 🌸Zeleno offers a cherry blossom latte in Dupont Circle.
- Speaking of cherry blossoms, beloved Sakusaku Flakerie in Cleveland Park just announced on Instagram that they are participating in the “Sakura Matsuri Blossom Festival on April 9th and 10th.” They also just made a Ohanami Bun, a “signature milk bread filled with cherry pastry cream and topped with maraschino cherry. Available in store.” Yum.
- Surely you’ve heard of the D Light café in Adam’s Morgan that’s owned by 2 Ukrainian sisters. Perhaps this weekend, you can visit their café and order something to support Ukraine; they’ve been holding fundraisers.
- Did you hear about “Coffee + Cocktails”? 3/24, Common Good City farm invites you to “Join us for coffee, cocktails, and bites at Compass Coffee’s new Roastery! This event will be a joint fundraiser for Common Good City Farm and An Indivisible Art Collective, an art education non-profit based in Trinidad/ Ivy City that is working to start an urban farm.” Learn more and register, here.
Quote for the Weekend
EASTER BASKET SHOPPING 🙂
Easter is coming up! Bar & Cocoa has put together a gorgeous collection of Easter offerings, including stunning craft chocolate eggs, chocolate chickens from Pump Street, as well as their awesome selection of fine chocolate bars that would look great in your basket, like these bars from newcomer, Monsoon.
Want to make an Easter basket yourself or buy one from an artisan? Etsy has some amazing offerings, including a ton of cute Easter baskets for purchase.
Your Coffee Shop Outfit
Some Chocolate Dessert
- Why not bake one of these desserts over the weekend?! Let us know which one you try 🙂
Have a lovely weekend, with a time cupsoul or two, of course. Take care.
Please subscribe below to receive ESPUMA and other time cupsoul posts in your inbox.
This post is not sponsored. This post contains a few affiliate links, which means that if you do click through and then buy something, you may help support an insatiable coffee and chocolate habit at no cost to you. 🙂 Any written opinions here are by time cupsoul/our own.